Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book is very slow at the beginning, but once you get into it, it just flows. It's such a sad love story, but beautiful all at the same time.

You might get a little confused with the dates at first. It goes back and forth between Henry and Clare and the ages will confuse you. In one chapter Henry will be 35 and two chapters later, he'll be 27. It could get frustrating, but hang in there. You will get the hang of it, and you will like the book. I cried like a little bitch after reading this book. A lot of books make me cry, and this is not in the top 5, but definitely in the top 10.

SPOILER ALERT

I didn't like something that Clare did after Henry died, but I hated her friend Gomez even more for taking advantage of the circumstances. He was a total asswipe, and the fact that he was in love with Clare the whole time and married her best friend really bothered me. I wish Henry could have kicked his ass in the book.

SPOILER OVER

You will really enjoy this book. If you liked the movie, you will love the book I promise. Hollywood did a good job, but I think that they take stuff out that will piss you off, and give you the ending you want. That doesn't always happen in the book, and that's what makes them so much better.

I would really like to know what you all though about the book or movie. Comment us.

-Mimi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Time Travelers Wife was a good book. I would give it a 7/10 only because the beginning was too slow for my liking, and at first it is very confusing.

If you can get past the whole concept of time traveling, I think you will really enjoy it.

SPOILER ALERT

It killed me when Clare kept loosing her baby and I wanted to chop Henry's balls off when he got a vasectomy! I think he was very selfish when he did that, especially knowing how much Clare wanted a baby. But if you read the book, than you know everything turned out ok because Clare was a smart ass woman and took advantage of Henry from the past. (That statement is very confusing if you haven't read it..sorry)

I was definitely happy with how it ended. I felt so much better knowing that Clare and Alba got to see Henry again, even after he died. He tells Clare not to wait, but like someone truly in love, she always sat there waiting for him. Sigh. Tear. Sigh again.

I would say this book is good for an “older” audience, probably around high school age. I also thought the movie was pretty good, it made me cry and from what I can remember, it was very similar to the book.

I know a lot of you have read this book, what did you think?

-Christina
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment