Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book was so short but yet so amazing. It is for any gender, and any age group to enjoy. It's not religious either. It's the story about a man and the five people he sees after he's gone, obviously . However, the crazy thing is that not every person he sees is necessarily important to him... or so he thought.

We get flashbacks into Eddie's life, and how each person he meets in heaven has something to do with that part of his life. I really loved this book because it paints an afterlife I would love. It's full of lessons, and you get to choose your heaven. And when you think about it, your heaven may not necessarily be my heaven. So I'd like to think it's a little like it is in the book.

My favorite stories about the people he meets in heaven, are the first and last, but I must say that the way he loved his wife, and their story, is beautiful to read.

I read this book in less than a day. It's not going to keep you at the edge of your seat, but it is very inspirational and interesting.

I also liked the movie. They kept it really close to the book. I love when they do that!
I definitely recommend both!

-Mimi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The five people you meet in heaven is one of those amazing books that I want everyone to read, even if you don't believe in heaven, it is inspirational.

The book is about a simple man named Eddie and his journey from death to heaven. He thought he was a man that no one noticed, he really felt he had no effect on the world. But as he soon discovers, he has made an impact on lives he never knew.

In the book, the 5 people he meets are the 5 steps to get in to heaven. Each step comes along with a lesson. The first lesson was that all people are connected in some way. The second lesson (my favorite) is that people have to make sacrifices in their lives to help others live. I don't want to give away all the lessons because I really do want you to read the book.

Mitch Albom, the author ,does a great job writing the book because he uses one man's life to teach us all many lessons. The book is very short and is a page turner. I read this book in one day because I wanted keep reading to see who the next person Mitch would meet in heaven was.

By then end of the book I promise you will want to pass the book on to someone else. It really helps you realize that every day, you can have an impact on the people around you.

-Christina
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoy this music video with scenes from the movie.

4 comments:

  1. So true Christina! Even someone you helped once, and will never see again. You can make such a huge impact without even knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLD ON..there is a MOVIE?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE THE MOVIE! I told you TWICE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a bad memory! I want to watch it!

    ReplyDelete