Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of all the books in the Twilight series, this was the one that kept me awake. All I wanted to do was read! I slept for three, maybe four hours, and the first thing I did when I opened my eyes was pick up the book and keep reading.

In this book Bella is heartbroken because of decision Edward has taken for the both of them. I remember being completely shocked and mad at him for half of the book. I'm not going to lie, I hated him for a little, I wanted to punch him. Really hard!
Don't get it twisted though, I was never team Jacob. I thought he was a good friend to Bella, but I always felt she was using him, and he knew it, but he didn't care. I saw from the very beginning that Jacob was a little immature, I just never thought it would annoy me as much as it did.

The second half of the book had me at the edge of my seat until the end. I was literally squirming in my seat and reading with my eyes wide open. I'm going to humiliate myself and say that I might have gone to bed at 6 a.m. that day. My record for this book was two days. No lie!

It wasn't my favorite book, but it was great nonetheless. I felt bad for Bella because of Edward, mad at Edward because of what he did Bella, and bad for Jacob because of what Bella was doing to him. However, those feelings changed later on in the series.

As for the movie, I absolutely loved it. It actually came out on my birthday so I spent my 25th at a movie theater, and it was totally worth the wait. The script writers kept it close to the book, unlike in the movie Twilight, and Chris Weitz (the director) was amazing with all of the camera angles he used!

I give this book a 10 out of 10. Stephenie Meyer really did a great job at keeping the readers on their toes and interested in the whole story.

One more thing I want to address before I end. To all of the people who say they have read the entire Twilight Series and hated it, I just have one question... If you hated it so much, why didn't you just stop reading after the first book? Maybe even the second? But all four?!? Really?!?! You read all FOUR?!? And you kept reading WHY? Yeah Exactly! You liked them! Don't lie! These aren't exactly 50 page books! These are almost encyclopedia sized! No one would read all four unless they really liked them enough to keep going.

-Mimi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well ladies and gents, today is the BIG DAY! No, I’m not getting married or having a baby, NEW MOON IS COMING OUT you goober heads! Why is this such a big deal? Well, for starters, this is my second favorite Twilight book and they actually did an amazing job with the movie!


Why is this my second favorite book you ask? Well for starters, if you are a female and have ever gotten your heart broken, this book will be easy to relate to. Not only does Bella get her heart ripped out, but she also finds a new love!


This book is pretty slow at certain parts but that’s what makes it so realistic. Bella is suffering, and you suffer with her! I don’t want to give anything away, but the end of the book has you sitting on the edge of the bed!


Oh, and I hate Edward in the book, I understand he did what he thought was right, but he still deserves a punch in the glittery balls!


Did you hate this book? Let me know why!!


-Christina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment