Friday, August 27, 2010

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald



I was supposed to read this book my Junior year of high school. Needless to say, that didn’t happen, I thought I was too cool to read in High School, but I never forgot the stories so I’ve kept them on my list.


I always thought this was a sad story. I felt extremely sad for Gatsby. All he wanted was to be loved by Daisy, but she was too busy being a pea brain. I’ve always hated Daisy. She cared too much about an image, and not enough about love.


One thing I didn’t like about the book was that it was told through Nick Carraway, Gatsby’s neighbor, and Daisy’s cousin. I wanted to know what Gatsby or Daisy really thought about each other, more than what Nick thought.


Although I hadn’t read the book, I saw the movie more than once and I loved it. I’m a proud owner of it on DVD, and I’m happy to say the movie stayed pretty much 99% true to the book.

This is a great book for both men and women of all ages to enjoy. It’s a timeless classic. Please let us know what you think.


-Mimi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought the Great Gatsby was a good book, not a great book. I do have to admit I feel a little better that I read a classic and didn't actually hate it.


I need to start off my pointing out how much I HATED Tom and Daisy. Tom was a rude, cheating, prick who thought he was the king of the world because he had money, and Daisy was a stupid bitch who only cared about money and didn't realize what a great person Gatsby was.

I felt so bad for Gatsby. He loved Daisy so much and that freaking hoe bag couldn't wait for him once he left for war, and even worse she wouldn't leave Tom after Gatsby did SO much for her and pined over her for years.

The end didn't surprise me, I had a feeling Gatsby would be killed, but it still pissed me off! Basically I wish Tom and Daisy would have drowned in a pool full of money!

THE END :)

-Christina

2 comments:

  1. Which movie version have you seen. Please tell me it is not the 70's version??

    Just stopped in to what you thought about Gatsby. I will stop by again to what else you are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched the 70's version. Loved Robert Redford. :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete