Monday, August 2, 2010

Eclipse Movie Review

~~~~~~~~~~
Eclipse was an awesome movie. I saw it at the theaters three times. Crazy, I know.
I think it was my second favorite of the three, and I say second only because they moved a little too fast and jumbled things around. However, I do take in to account that this book was bigger than the first two, so I forgive them.

There were a few parts that made me mad because it's not how it happened in the book, and I feel that there are little keys that mean a lot to the story which the screen writers change without thinking about the new meaning they've given everything.

For example;
1) Bella getting on the motorcycle with Jacob in front of Edward outside of school. THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! When Bella left with Jacob, it was behind all the Cullens' backs. That's a huge reason I hate her so much, because she was a selfish little FILL IN THE BLANK.
2) They also didn't tell the whole story about the wolves. They really chopped it down and didn't really explain why they are wolves instead of lions, or tigers or bears, "oh my."
Also, the movies really need to work on not making Edward look like such a pansy. Seriously. I think it's a little late though. Of all the books, in the fourth Edward really does become somewhat of a weenie, so that's shot to hell.

All I can say is that those of you who haven't read the books, are totally missing out.
All that aside, I'm obsessed with the whole Twilight mania and I can't want to go to one of the many release parties for the movie and be one of the first people to get it on DVD.
Those gatherings are always so hilarious! (In a good way of course, I always have a blast.)

Overall, I give the the movie a B.

-Mimi
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eclipse is my second favorite book out of the series, and the movie is definitely my favorite so far. After seeing it more than once, some things really started to bother me, so I give the movie a B-.

The acting did get better, but it obviously still isn't great. None of these people deserve any awards for their mediocre acting, but I would give Taylor Lautner an award for his hot ass body any day! :)

Back to the movie, I wished they didn't make some of the scenes out of order, that pissed me off. Once it was over, I still felt like is was missing something. After reading the The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner I thought they would add more of Bree in the movie, or at least the other characters in the book. But they didn't so that also bummed me out.

kristen stewart still pisses me off. It doesn't help I am not a huge Bella fan, but I think my dog could act better than her. For me, that really takes a lot out of the movie. She really only has two faces, her fake happy one, and her I-am-so-worried-I-need-to-bite-my-lip face. Both of those annoy me. Am I the only one that feels that way?

I really hope the acting is stepped up for the next two movies. The special effects of course were amazing, like in New Moon and the music really meshed well throughout.

So all in all, it was a pretty good movie and I am really looking forward to the next two!

What did you think?

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment