Monday, April 5, 2010

Testimony by Anita Shreve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can't say I really like this book, but it wasn't so bad. I definitely wanted to punch a lot of characters in the face a few times but I think I'll just punch Christina for making me read it.

The one thing I did like about this book was that it seemed like I was reading about gossip. So as you're figuring out what is going on you get some good shockers.

I didn't like how it was written. It was very monotone, if that makes any sense to you. Each chapter was written by a different person so you get different perspectives, but I hated everyone in this book except 1 person.

I felt bad for Silias at the beginning but then he just grossed me out and I wanted to dropkick him for being such an idiot.
The Girl who caused this mess = dirty hooker, I can't stand her, I wanted to ransack her.
Silias' mom = Dumb
The Principal = Very Dumb
The only person I liked and really really felt bad for was Silias' girlfriend. Poor girl. You'll find out why when you read the book. She was the only pure character in the whole book.

Overall, I give this book a 4 out of 10. Read it only if you have nothing else to do or read.

-Mimi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I give Testimony an 8/10. I really enjoyed the book because it was set at a private high school (like one I attended) and it included a sex scandal. Everyone loves one of those!! To make it even more juicy, the scandal was caught on TAPE!

The book is written from many different characters perspectives, which was awesome because you get in the mind of more than one person.

SMALL SPOILER ALERT!!

The end is sooo sad how one of the characters, commits suicide. Although it is heartbreaking, teen suicide is happening more and more which is why I think it is important that she had the character do so.

SPOILER OVER!

Not only is there a sex tape out there, but two other characters have an affair which make everything even more complicated.

If you like a good book about love, loss, and mystery—you will really enjoy this book!

Even though there are mild sex scenes, I think anyone in high school or older would enjoy it!

I hope they make this into a movie! It would probably be a hit!

Did you read this book? What did you think?

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment