Monday, April 26, 2010

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Choice is one of the, if not THE most amazing book I’ve ever read. I am so in love with it, it’s not even funny!

At first I was like “there is no way that this tiny book is going to be a good read, it’s probably one of Nicholas Sparks crappy books.” I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing! Anything Nicholas writes is GOLD!

Honestly, Travis is the most amazing fictional man in the world. Better than Noah (from the Notebook), better than Brendan (from Sam’s Letters to Jennifer), better than any guy you can think of! Even better than Edward Cullen! (GASP!) Yeah I said it! And I mean it. Travis is amazing. That’s the blueprint for the man I want to someday marry.

The first part of the book had me laughing out loud most of the time. It was so fun to read. I seriously had a smile the entire time I was reading the first part of the book. Travis and his sister cracked me up. And the whirlwind romance between Travis and his neighbor kept me glued the entire time.

The second part of the book had me at the edge of my seat. I mean, literally, at the edge of my seat. With Nicholas Sparks you never know if you are going to get a happy or a sad ending so I was dying to get to the end of the book. I’ve never wanted to know what happens to anyone so much in my life.

I loved everyone in this book. With the exception for Gabby’s parents, but they really didn’t play a role so they’re just “misc info.” I think this is the second time in the history of books I’ve read, that I don’t have to hate any characters. I love that!

I cried, and I would have cried a lot more if I didn’t have to go out and get things done. I give this book a 20 out of 10. That’s how much I love it. It’s so short too; there is not reason to not read it.

-Mimi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Choice is another reason why I think Nicholas Sparks is one of the best authors of my generation. This book is another amazing one! It is pretty short yet you fall in love which these characters again and again.

Sparks does a great job with having you keep guessing what is going to happen in the
end of the book, and the end was a perfect one I thought.

The book is about Travis and
Gabby, who are neighbors, and end up falling in love but something HUGE happens to bring them apart.

Travis is possibly one of the most perfect male characters I have ever read about (other than Edward of course.) He is smart, good looking, sweet, and loves Gabby with all his heart. But like the name of the book, Travis is faced with a huge choice that would change their lives forever. I won’t tell you what the choice was, but I will say that I don’t know If I would have been able to do the same thing!

So if you have a few days to kill, pick up the book and give it a read! If you end up reading it, let us know what you thought!

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment