Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen

I read this book about 6 years ago, but it was so awesome that I still remember the story well. I was lucky enough to get this book on the clearance rack and just picked it up and as soon as I started reading, I was hooked.

When a nun is found dead, and her baby found at the bottom of a lake, detectives go on the most interesting search for the killer. You will NEVER guess who did it. It was truly shocking!
It was by far the most thrilling book I've ever read.

These types of books aren't usually my cup of tea, but I'm telling you, it was awesome. I would totally read another book by Tess again.

-Mimi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mimi had already read The Sinner and she said it was really good, so I decided to give it a try. I am sure glad I did!! I was on the edge of my seat the WHOLE time and I found myself playing detective trying to figure out what was going to happen next. This book reminds me of Law and Order SVU, which is why I think I enjoyed it so much.

All the twists and turns kept me thinking, and even up to the end I was in shock.

Mimi get's mad at me for always doing spoilers so I won't tell you what happens...if you figure out who the killer is...you DESERVE to be a detective or something because that crap was CRAZZZYYY.

My favorite Character was detective Rizzoli. She was such a hard ass and was such a strong character..she basically reminded me of Mimi. Throughout the book she was struggling not to fall in love- for fear of being hurt. I think she is like so many of us who are afraid to open up and let love in. I will tell you that her story has a great ending..which made me extremely happy.

The other main character, Maura was struggling with the same thing. Her ex husband wanted her back but she was scared to give him another chance. Her ending was... different...but I thought it fitting for how the story went.

The last thing I will say is that there is a priest in this story..that was described as extremely handsome..and very nice and sweet. I just wish the author, Tess Gerritsen would have made more of a love connection between him and Maura because they basically were extremely attracted to each other. And let's face it..any story with a hot ass priest can only get better when there is a sex scene with him involved. (Don't even act like you don't agree!!)

Something like that! LMAO!!

Ok.. I am done.. if you like books that keep you thinking and trying to figure out what will happen next.. you WILL LOVE IT!

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment