Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book honestly surprised me. I really didn't think I would like it, and I certainly did not think I would like Bree Tanner. After all, she was the enemy! Right? WRONG!!!
Bree Tanner was one of the vampires that Victoria recruited in her little Army in the book Eclipse. If you've read the third book of the Twilight Saga, you will remember that Bree was only there for a few minutes, and all you see is that she's a bloodthirsty newborn. Obviously she dies, I know I'm not ruining anything for you because the title it's self is "The SHORT Second Life..."
I really liked that Bree was very conscious of her surroundings, and was very smart. I loved her special friend Diego, and I really liked Freaky Fred, whom Christina is convinced is smelly. He is repellant, and the thought of him makes people sick, but I don't believe that he isnecessarily smelly. You can read the book and be the judge of that.
I hated everyone else, and I loved finding out something that Edward knows that was never mentioned in any of the Twilight books. It was fascinating, and I NEVER use that word! There was a little secret that we didn't know about. I won't tell you what it is, but I will tell you that you will hate a certain group even more.
As Stephenie Meyer said in the beginning of the book, I wish Bree would have had a different fate in Eclipse, but what happened happened, and I'm glad she was able to give us a glimpse at the Army of Vampires. I wish she would also finish Midnight Sun now that she's back in vampire mode.
It's totally worth it if you're a true Twi-hard. I'm sure that you will understand the movie much better if you have this information and I promise you, you will like it. It's short, and a page turner.
Let us know what you think about the book, and please let me know if you thought Fred was smelly or not.

-Mimi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stephenie Meyer is the smartest woman on the planet. I just spent $10 on a book that was 178 pages, and I would have spent $20 to read it if I had to! If that chick wrote 30 more books from every character's perspective, I would read every single one of them.

She brought us into the world of the new vampire, Bree and the world of the other newborns. Not only do I like Bree, but her boyfriend/friend/vampire she only kissed a few timesDiego was my favorite. They were so smart and teamed up and began to question what they were told by their leader, Riley. (btw I HATED RILEY) I wish they got to spend the rest of their lives together because after only two days, they really loved each other. :( Oh and I also really liked smelly Kevin (Freaky Fred). Although he only said a few things, he was an honest vampire and I thought it was sweet that he wanted Bree to come with him at the end!

I did not want this book to end at ALL. You probably already know how it ends, but in case you don't, I won't give it away.

I will say that it is pretty cool to hear about the Cullen's from another point a view. Bree had no idea who they were, and in the few minutes she knew them, she realized what great people they really are.

Did you read the book? What did you think? If Stephenie wrote a book from Diego's perspective would you read it? What about Victoria? I would!!!

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. I really hated this book. I think she wasted time even writing it. She should finish midnight sun!

    ReplyDelete