Monday, June 7, 2010

Dear John Movie Review

Dear John was an AMAZING book and I would say it is a pretty good movie. Some things (like usual) are different than in the book but for the most part they got everything on point. I think they did a perfect job when casting for the movie, Channing Tatum is exactly what I wanted John to look. Even though Amanda Seyfried's eyes scare me sometimes, she did a good job playing Savannah as well.

Just about anyone would enjoy this movie. My grandma, mom. and even my dad enjoyed the movie so I promise you will like it. But please do me a favor, if you enjoy the movie..READ THE BOOK you will not be disappointed!

I give it a A- only because two pretty big things were different from the book and really bothered me.

Have you seen the movie? What did you think?

-Christina
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the most part, the screenwriters and producers and directors kept the movie true to the book. I liked it. I would totally get it on DVD on one of my yearly DVD sprees, at the right price of course. I have already said that although this is a beautiful story, it is not my favorite.
However, I don't like that the key points in the movie were different.

Stop reading now if you have not read the book or seen the movie.

**Spoiler**

1. I hated the fact that John got shot in the movie. That never happened in the book.
2. That guy that Savannah married did not have a kid, and he was not older! That was his little brother and the guy had parents!!!
3. I HATED that her husband died in the movie. That did not happen. Although I wish that's what would have happened in the movie, it didn't, and John gave him the gift of life, even if it meant not having the love of his life. That's what made the story so beautiful. Other than that, the movie was very good.

**DONE SPOILING**

If you read the book but haven't yet seen the movie, go ahead. As long as you go knowing that the ending will be different, you won't be highly disappointed.

-Mimi


No comments:

Post a Comment